Become a Peer Advisor
Peer Advisors for the Money Education (ME) Center are trained student workers who educate their fellow Aggies about critical financial concepts through presentations, resource tables, walk-in advising, and private appointments. Peer Advisors gain valuable public speaking and personal financial advising experience while directly contributing to the financial wellness of their peers. Starting pay for these positions is $9/hour.
Minimum Requirements for Consideration:
- Enrolled at least half-time (6 hrs) as an Undergraduate at Texas A&M University (College Station campus).
- Eligible for Work Study (require financial need). Check out this webpage and video about eligibility.
- Completed ONE of the following courses:
- Foundations of Money Education (AGLS 235)
- Financial Planning for Professionals (AGLS 435)
- Strong communication skills, and a passion for educating and helping others.
- Available to provide evening and weekend presentations to student groups on occasion.
- Minimum two-semester commitment.
- Work 12-20 hours each week.
- Prefer the ability to work during the Summer, but not required.
- Attendance at mandatory trainings.
- Complete and submit your application to email@example.com.
- If your application is accepted, you will receive an invitation to interview.
- Interviews will take place in the Money Education Center or via Zoom. Please be on-time and dressed in business casual attire.
- If you have questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.