Become a Peer Advisor
Peer Advisors for the Money Education (ME) Center are trained student workers who educate their fellow Aggies about critical financial concepts through presentations, resource tables, walk-in advising, and private appointments. Peer Advisors gain valuable public speaking and personal financial advising experience while directly contributing to the financial wellness of their peers. Starting pay for these positions is $8/hour.
Minimum Requirements for Consideration:
- Strong communication skills, and a passion for educating and helping others.
- Enrolled as an Undergraduate at Texas A&M University (College Station campus).
- Eligible for Work Study funding.
- Completed (or in the process of completing) ONE of the following courses:
- Foundations of Money Education (AGEC 235)
- Financial Readiness (AGEC 335)
- Financial Planning for Professionals (AGEC 435)
- Available to provide evening and weekend presentations to student groups on occasion.
- Minimum two-semester commitment.
- Work 12-20 hours each week.
- Prefer the ability to work during the Summer, but not required.
- Attendance at mandatory trainings.
- Complete and submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your application is accepted, you will receive an invitation to interview.
- Interviews will take place in the Money Education Center (Pavilion, 1st floor). Please be on-time and dressed in business casual attire.
- If you have questions about the application process, please email email@example.com.